Updates posted when available
• License Application Fees. CDFA will charge a one-time fee to review an annual cultivation license application. Application fees are scaled based on the average annual production of the license type and range from $135 to $8,655.
• Annual License Fees. The license fee schedule has been updated based on an economic analysis of CDFA costs. License fees are scaled based on the average annual production of the license type and range from $1,205 to $77,905.
• Temporary Licenses. Applicants must present a local permit, license, or authorization to be considered for a temporary license, which will allow cultivation before an annual license is issued.
• Processor License. An additional license type not included in the original statute has been added for processors, permitting them to trim, dry, cure, grade, and package cannabis. Processors may not grow cannabis under their license.
• Generator Requirements. Specifies allowable generator types and use restrictions. For example, generators rated at 50 horsepower or greater must demonstrate compliance with California Airborne Toxic Control Measures. Generators rated below 50 horsepower will have to meet compliance measures by 2023.
• Inspections, Investigations, and Audits. All inspections, investigations, and audits of the licensed premises shall be conducted during standard business hours or at a time mutually agreed to by the Department and the licensee. For the purposes of this
section, standard business hours are 8:00am–5:00pm (Pacific Standard Time). Prior notice of inspection, investigation, or audit is not required.
• Record Retention/Sales Invoice or Receipt Requirements. Governs the maintenance of records and sales invoices for licensees.
• Licensing Actions. Enforcement actions may be taken for any violation(s) of license conditions or requirements. If the licensee holds multiple cultivation licenses, the Department may take any one of, or a combination of, the following actions for all of the licensee’s cultivation licenses: Revocation; Suspension for a specified period of time; Issuance of a probationary license with terms and conditions; and Order an administrative hold of cannabis and non-manufactured cannabis products.
• Administrative Fines. Violation Classes: MINOR (Fine range: $100 to $500); MODERATE (Fine range: $501 to $1,000); SERIOUS (Fine range: $1,001 to $5,000). Repeat violations may result in an escalation of the violation class.
• Administrative Hold Procedure. Details procedures for establishing administrative holds on cannabis and non-manufactured cannabis products
Information on this page is reposted from government sites for the convenience of viewers. This is not a government site.